Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

KM document

Hi Friends,

I am working with KM documets.i was tried to upload one document in to portal for inserting on Internal Links place .For that I have followed these links

Contentmanagement>explorer>document-->ritght hand side having the Folder menu -->click folder >new folder>give name -->go to ur folder menu click upload .

But here i got one problem when ever i was click upload its go to another page it sowing all folders but on that folders no content still i selected that folder and click upload but it showing error "there is NO content km empty folder can,t uploaded".Can you pls any body tell me how to uplaod one document or one file.

Regards,

Sai

replied

Hi Sai Ram,

This is a standard issue for which SAP has given the Reasons as :

"Either the portal engine or the operating system on which the portal runs has troubles with writing into the directory that is defined as store for temporary data."

As for Solution, they have mentioned, "1. With the config tool of the engine, edit/add the following two entries to the <Instance ID> ->Server ID ->Java parameters:

Example:

-Djava.io.tmpdir=e:\EP_TEMP

-Dcm.tmpdir=e:\EP_TEMP

These must point to an existing and accessible directory on the server.

2. TEMP and TMP environment variables of operating system are to be set that they point to an existing and accessible directory.

In case of Microsoft Windows, go to Settings > Control Panel > System, then choose the tab "Advanced" and the button "Environment Variables". There you can edit/create the two variables.

Set them to the same directory that were selected for the engine parameters and especially make sure that none of the temp variables has a value with percentage characters ("%") or other placeholders but a particular directory.

Example: e:\EP_TEMP

Afterwards, give the user SAPService<SID> write-access rights to the selected temporary folder and restart the Windows machine.

"

This has to be done to the server i think. PLs try it out and let me know if it is successful.

Regards,

Mazin

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question