cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts not balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client has 2005 A PL23.

There are several BP's which have transactions which SHOULD have been automaticaally reconciled but appear not to have been and are still open.

Scenario is that an AR Credit note has been created with reference to the AR invoice. The AR Credit note is still in the reconcilation screen - but with no AR invoice to reconcile it against.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

this sounds like an inconsistent reconciliation. I recommend you download the IRU (Internal Reconciliation Upgrade) tool from the SMP. Among other things, this tool will highlight what has gone wrong with the invoice, credit note & payment.

You'll find all info & background here on this wiki page:

[BP account Balance does not match Journal Entries |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/B1/BPaccountBalancedoesnotmatchJournal+Entries]

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

What happens if the customer is not in a position to upgrade?

Why does this occur?

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

that is exactly what this tool is for, it will show what will happen to the db once you actually upgrade & what RU journals to expect. We do not recommend to try & 'fix' these inconsistencies in the lower version, but to wait until the customer has upgraded & then reconcile these journals with the appropriate transaction.

The audit trail data will, however, enable the accountant to pinpoint where the troubles are originating from & then s/he will be able to create the appropriate counterparts for the eventual reconciliation in 2007.

Please have a look at the how-to-guides, in particular these documents:

[How to Conduct an Internal Reconciliation Upgrade in 2007 A|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000411402007E.pdf]

[Recommendations for Internal Reconciliations Prior to Release 2007 |https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000247002008E.zip]

All the best,

kerstin

NEMOTO
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Kertin,

Hi i would like to cancel the RU journal entry if it is possible. i think almost all of related IRU tool url is not working. Our client have origin(RU) journal entry and i think this made the AR invoice keep open and make balance due keep remain even tho the BP account balance is 0. the AR invoice registered in 2012. If you know how to solve or have any tips please kindly tell me.

Best regards,

Ryoji,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Suda (strange I know)! CM is for full amount.

I also have an example of an Invoice where the payment was made to the invoice (NOT on account) and it has not reconciled also.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it is a system issue..please try to open a support message with SAP and also upgrade to the latest patch ..

Please do post this to SAP support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoice has been reconciled with an incoming payment.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How could the CM be created from the Invoice if it is already paid....Was it a partial CM?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lisa,

The possibility is the Invoice has been wrongly reconciled manualy by the user....

Please open Banking..Manage Previous Reconciliation..select BP..and enter the BP Code and check to see where the Invoice got reconciled.

You may probably need to Reverse the incorrect reconciliation and then link the correct one.

Also Patch 23 is quite old..please try to upgrade if possible