cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Ledger Closing Error - Msg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

please share your inputs on how to overcome the below error.

Background:

I have activated ML with price detrmination indicator as 2 and actual costing.

All finished and semi finished goods will be valuated with Std price with indicator as 3 in material master.

All raw materials will have V price with price indicator as 2.

Basically we only want to report or revaluate the production differences at multi level to post to final component.

Now when I am trying to do Transaction CKMLCP in the new period I was able to run all steps successfully. But while doing the Post closing step I am getting the below error.

Debit/credit indicator is inconsistent

Message no. F5846

+Diagnosis+

+The debit/credit indicator "H" was transferred to item "0000000002" of the FI/CO document. However, a debit/credit indicator of "" was derived because of posting key "".+

+The transferred posting key and transferred debit/credit indicator are inconsistent.+

I have checked few SAP notes like 53694

Request anyone to pass on valuable inputs on how to overcome this problem.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. check the log for "Post Closing" in CKMLCP - there you should see error message(s) M8147

2. M8147 should state specific transaction keys (e.g. PRY, BSX, PRD etc.)

3) now either directly check tables T030B and T030R or TA OBYC for the missing entries.

Rgds.

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear karl,

Thanks for your help.

I really appreciate your immediate response.

Hopefully I Should be able todo the complte cycle now - releasing the actual price as std price of the next period.

Regards,Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karl,

Could you help me once again please.

I have done the below steps:

1. CKMLCP- Post closing entries

at this point system has posted 2 entries which are reversal to each other for the prodcution order variance.

Inventory a/c dr

to PRD a/c

PRd a/c dr

to inventory a/c

2. I could see the periodic unit price( the new valuated price per unit) in the material master in periodic unit price. But the inventory value has not changed in the closed period.

Could you please let me know where I am going wrong and also the sequence of T.codes to follow .

Thanks in advance,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I will come back to you either later today or 2morrow....

Rgds

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

Thanks a lot.

Here is my exact problem.

After doing the costing run and closing steps systme has updated the peridic unit price for the last period and changed the price control as V in the mateial master. This is fine as per my understanding.

1.The next step I understand is to mark and release the periodic unit price as standard price of the next month thru CKMPRPN. Is this correct?

2. System will revaluate the closing inventory of the previous month at the end of csoting run and posts accounting document for the same.? Is this correct?

3. I am not sure what are all keys in OBYC are relevant for ML postings though I have set PRV and PRY , UMB. I dont want to use LKW as no provisions are allowed here.

kindly clarify.

Thanks,

Vamsi

former_member740051
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

1. During CKMLCP (Last step), system marks the price all the materials. You need to just release in the new period. T code CK24 can be used.

2.Yes, system will revalute the last month values and gain or loss will be posted to Difference account.

3. Specific ML related OBYC settings are already mentioned by you and that is correct.

Please revert back for further doubts

Hope it helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your reply.

A small clarification from your post:

System will revlauate and post the difference to PRD a/c. I am not sure what you meant here?

As I understand system should Dr inventory a/c and Cr Production varainace account

since we are trying to inventorize the prodn variance.

Kindly confirm.

Thanks,

Vamsi

former_member740051
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, this differences will be posted to PRG and PRV accounts.

Answers (0)