cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap grc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what is the scope of ABAP in the sap's new product GRC.

Rgds,

khadeer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basha,

SAP GRC is not a new product any more, It was a bright baby of Virsa and now a frontier of SAP who is built to protect like Schwarzenegger in Terminator.

There is good Scope of ABAP in GRC, specially in GRC's future integration of Process Controls and Risk Management.

Initially most of the GRC products were based on Java, JSP and a few also based on ABAP but soon some applications were also re-developed using SAP ABAP WebDynpro.

Simultaneously the development of GRC Risk Management 2.0 Front end started using SAP Netweaver WebDynpro for Java and business logic was developed in ABAP. So it was first of it's kind integration of both technologies in GRC where Java and ABAP came closer.

But sooner it was realized that many of the required functionalities which are stable in ABAP WebDynpro are not fully working for Netweaver WebDynpro Java, for example SAP Multi level Hierarchies in ALV and some OVS functionalities were not stable and were supposed to come in next few months. Also for some other reasons that can not be mentioned here, Risk Management 2.0 was re-developed fully in ABAP + ABAP WebDynpro.

As per my understanding and experience in GRC, ABAP has good scope in SAP GRC.

Sorry for my comic kind of writing I don't know I was just in mood today. Hope that helps.

Regards,

AB

Answers (0)