cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Transaction Code RZ10?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one explain me the use of transaction code RZ10?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the transaction RZ10 to view, edit the profile parameters for instance profile, start profile and default profile.

You can also view and change abmin data and basis maintainance you can specify the buffer sizes and number of work processes

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to add some additional info to the above answers. RZ10 is used to manage the profiles. We have three profiles- Start up Profile, default profile, Instance Profile. When system is getting started it reads these profiles sequentially and instance(app server) will be up.

For parameter changes done in RZ10 to get effected in the system, we need to re-start the SAP sysem. If we want to change the parameter values dynamically, it can be done through RZ11. But the changes will remain as long as the system is up, i.e once it is restarted the changes are not effected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am using ECC6.0 in server 2008 with MSSQL DB  and whenever I am trying to use transaction RZ10 and when I am trying to create any parameter in RZ10 its taking lot of time or its just loading.I have restarted DB,I have restarted the Laptop done everything.Can anybody help me with this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Instance profile : it contains the parameters which are Instance specific.

EXamples:rdisp/wp_no_dia(work process related),abap/heaplimit,abap/swap_reserve(memory related).

Default Profle : It contains the parameters which are used for all instances

Examples: SAPDBHOST, j2ee/dbtype,j2ee/dbname,j2ee/dbhost,login/system_client,rdisp/mshost(hosts information)

Start Profile: It contains the parameters to start the instance.

Examples:SAPSYSTEMNAME,INSTANCE_NAME,dbs/ada/schema,DIR_PROFILE(information needed to start the instance.)

Hope it resolves your doubt.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys

thanks for u r time

Former Member
0 Kudos

You know that http://help.sap.com does exist ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i m new in SAP,can you tell me how to work on these profiles?thanks in advance

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rahul nuthi ,

Have a glance on the below link for RZ10

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/EN/c4/3a616a505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

S.Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

RZ10 uses:

1.Maintain the parameters in the profiles.

2. Add new parameters

3.Delete the existing parameters.

4.Adapting the existing parameters

How to use Rz10:

Use transaction RZ10, in the screen, select the profile and also select the extended maintenace. It will show the parameters available in that profile then you can use menu buttons to adapt the parameters.

Please let me what else information do you need.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

thanks for u r replies

i have one more

what is the difference between the instance profile , start profile and remainig profiles?

Former Member