cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of Sales BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

Need to know how to calculate the cost of the sales BOM that I have created. When I create a sales order for the sales BOM, it explode all the components in the sales BOM. All of them have condition type VPRS which state the cost of the component but the actual FGD sales BOM does not have VPRS condition type in them. The item category for the sales BOM is customised as ZTAI, Banded without pricing.

I tried looking at the header and there is a VPRS conditon but it is for the whole order. The order may or may not include other sales order item that is a Sales BOM.

Am i missing something here. Pls help and points will be awarded. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vincent

Sorry I feel you have to rephrase your question as I am unable to understand where exactly your problem is.

By the by, for that newly created item category ZTAI, have you checked the box "Determine Cost" in VOV7 ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

With sales BOMs you have two options for pricing:

- at parent level, in which case all the sub-items pricing components are collated (totaled) into the parent item.

- at sub-item level, i.e. individual pricing at sub-item level.

However, you may still try to add VPRS at sub-item level but then you may end up with duplicate values.

Check your pricing analysis at sub-item and try to pick up why VPRS is not pulling through.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all SD Gurus,

Thank you very much for the fast response.

I think my SD config person did not check the "determine cost" in VOV7 for that item category. Will ask him to do so but am interested in the below suggestion also.

at parent level, in which case all the sub-items pricing components are collated (totaled) into the parent item.

Dear Kookie,

Can you advise how to perform the above also from a cost perspective, i.e. adding all the VPRS found in the sub items and adding them to the main item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

you should be able to get clarity on the process if you read the KITING process in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

vincent ..

in sales BOM the item category group that is given determines the way the final value is calculated eg :ERLA and LUMF .. if u want the total value to be the sum of all the sub items consider " LUMF" or if u would like to maintain the price of the higher level material use ERLA..

and the item level categories are confiured as " relavant for pricing " and" not relavant for pricing "

hope this helps u in some way

regards

bj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz go to copy control setting VTLA there at item level u will find Cummulative cost tab. u just need to activate that.

then system will start taking into account.

Only Item category tab is not supporting....

in case of BOM.

thanks

mk