cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploying the EAR file into J2EE server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a tricky question for you guys. In customer adapter module development after crating EJB and EAR file we deploy it to the j2ee server using SDM. lets says I do not have the j2ee port opened and can not deploy it to j2ee server using SDM. Now the question is, can basis people directly go to the j2ee server and place the file in the server manually. after all i believe that SDM place the file in certain folder in the server.

I want to know whether we can do that and where exactly we have to do it. ( the path of the folder )

thanks

sankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO DIRECT DEPLOYMENT

To deploy an EAR then...you can do so by SDM

Steps:

Go to usrsapR01JC01SDMprogram

Run RemoteGUI.bat

Give the admin password of the engine.

Click on to the deployment tab.

Select the ear(present locally on the machine)

and start the deployment.

The above method is just one of many methods available for deployment.You can also deploy it using IDE or visual administrator tool supplied with Netweaver.

Deployment problem........

The administrator user's password is not only stored in the active user store, but also in secure storage in the file system so that certain applications such as the Software Deployment Manager (SDM) can use it to connect to the J2EE Engine.

Therefore, when you change the administrator user's password in the user store, you must also update the entry in secure storage in the file system. Otherwise, the SDM attempts to connect to the J2EE Engine using the old password and you receive the error message mentioned above.

Solution

Use the Config Tool to change the entry in secure storage as follows:

1. Start the Config Tool.

(Execute <SAPj2eeEngine_install_dir> configtoolconfigtool.bat.)

1. Select the secure store node.

The configuration for the secure storage in the file system appears.

1. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.

2. Enter the administrator user's new password in the "Value" field and choose "Add".

3. Choose "File" --> "Apply" to save the data.

Restart SDM server.

Deployment guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/721d6a73-0901-0010-47b3-9756a0a7...

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayant,

thank you very much for your reply. It was really informative. when u said we can deploy it by running remotegui.bat, waht are the files i need to give to basis guys. I am using SAP netweaver develper studio for developement of custom adapter module ( its basically an EJB development ). is that enough if i provide the EAR file alone or is there anything i need to provide.

thanks

sankar

Edited by: sankara rao bhatta on Sep 26, 2008 7:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. Deploying the ear and copying the file are not the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I am not sure if they can add it to the server directly, but you (or the basis guys) have the opportunity to deploy it through Visual Admin -> Server -> Services -> Deploy. From there you can choose the EAR file from the server and deploy and start it.

(When you say that you don't have the J2EE port opened I assume that is something to do with the SDM? Otherwise you cannot log in to VA if J2EE engine is not running).

regards Ole