cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-code SE91 queries ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all ,

Ques 1: Please tell me what it Implies in T-Code SE91 when " Self Explanatry " idicator

1) Is Tick Marked

2) When it is not ticked marked

Ques 2 : Can I change the message type for this message or not

Message class - CK

Message No - 262

Ques 3 : Please explain me how we come to know that weather the message in SE91 is changeable or not??

Regards

Rahul Bhardwaj

Edited by: Craig Cmehil on Sep 25, 2008 8:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Eric. By far not every message is modifiable (and none via SE91). Most messages are u201Chard codedu201D and cannot be modified (u2026if Iu2019m not mistaken a prerequisite is that a message is issued via message handler). Besides OBA5 mentioned by Eric you can also check TA OBMSG for an overview of modifiable messages.

Rgds

Karl

P.S. I have just noticed that you have cross posted this question into 3 forums. Please refrain from this in future or all! postings will be removed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Transaction OBMSG i have created

the

Message class and have assigned Message CK 262 to it & Than using T-code OBA5 i have also done the requiered seting but still the message z a warning not error.

Please provide me the flow , so that the problem can be answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as already stated: OBMSG provides an overview...I did not say that you could include messages at random. CK262 belongs to the messages that cannot be modified as the message type is hard coded (see programs LCJTRF71; LCK00F0M; LCOCOMU01; LCOKOF4X).

Perhaps an additional general explanation is necessary: as mentioned OBMSG gives an overview over the messages that can be modified. The decision if a message is modifiable is part of the standard software and cannot simply be changed u2013 i.e. it is useless to simply add messages in OBMSG. Furthermore you will notice that some application areas u2013 as for instance CK, are not included in OBMSG. That is due to the customizing functionality of u201CUser defined messagesu201D in for instance product cost calculation or material ledger. To get an overview which messages can be customized via u201CUser defined messagesu201D you can use SM30, view: V_TCMF9. Yet again: this is an overview and messages cannot be added randomly.

Rgds

Karl

Edited by: Karl Helm on Sep 25, 2008 11:47 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1:

If the indicator ha been seleted, you can get more information when you click the message on the GUI. otherwise, the message not more details.

Q2:

I am not sure the message being used somewhere else, but i can tell you the message used in a fixed calling.

Include: LCJTRF71

Line: 553

Q3:

You can modify the message in SE91, you want to change the standard message, be careful.

Flex Yang

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

1: When the self-explanatory is checked it means, there is no long text created to the error message

2-3: Messag control can be changed in transaction OBA5. If you can select there a message, it means, that it is changable, otherwise not.

hope this helps

ec