cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 role based access to WebDynpro Application on the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a WebDynpro Application. This application would be accessed on the portal based on some roles created in the R/3.

I would need to add 'S_SERVICE' WebDynpro authorization object to the role in the backend.The way the 'Service' field value is added in this auth is by selecting it from a list. This list is displaying a list of WebDynpro Application.

My question is " what one has to do from the WebDynpro front , in order to make one WebDynpro application appear in the list in the backend. "

regrds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This guide gives an overview of develop GP with Web Dynpro:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0957cb6-5103-2a10-6d9d-a0a4d68c...

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saketh,

Role based authorisation of WD app can be achieved as follows:

1.By creating groups in the portal which has the roles of type ABAP source.The roles of ABAP can be imported in to portal and you can create groups of portal.

2.Now you can assign these portal groups to the users.

3.In your application give access to the WD custom views by putting logic with a check whether you want to show the view to the user .This can be done by using portal IUser API.

3.Keep the WD iviews PCD locations role based in a utility class.Navigate ur views after check role to the corresponding iview using portal Navigation API

KR,

Swathi

Do offer pts