cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRT Material consumption for a Production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need an information on PRT material Consumption for Production order.

I have created the 2 PRT Material ( Greese & Alloy) with FHMI material type.

Assigned this PRT Material to Routings with Quanitity to 3 operations.

PRT materials will be procured on the MRP data, so stock is there in the plant & particular storage location.

So Production order will be created for FG material, so when I confirm the production order system is not consuming this PRT material.

Pl note -- Here our PRT material is not tool/equipment it is consumable material, but here considered as PRT material.

How the system will consume this PRT material once Production order is confirmed and goods are issued.

rgds

GSC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt PRT can not be consumed. Because system will treated it like tool or machine.

Becuase we are assigning PRT to the operation like work center.

If u want to consume PRT, then try to put it in the BOM as component and check.

It may consume.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I understand if we assign this PRT materials as the components in BOM then system will consume the stock.

But is there is any chance I am looking s that we can consume the PRT materials thorough routings/Operations.( PRT tab is specfically there in routings to include this PRT materials)

rgds

GSC

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

PRT' s are used as a tools which are used during the production. So they are not consumed.

First create the PRT with material type FHMI

Then you have to assign this PRT in particular operation in the Routing.

The PRT always reusable.

Go to CO02 (Production order) in operation view at bottom there is option for PRT.

You can do the availability check for PRT also . PRT has usage and formula on that basis it can be utilize in production.

Only PRTs will have the maintenence plans and calibration plans thats all .PRT will not have any consumption in production

You have to maintain availability group in material master.

Then in transaction OPJK - order control, cehck the availability check settings for PRT's

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member638633
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want an information regarding how to map consumable material say for eg: Grinding wheel, scribber in mechanical engineering industries.

As according to our knowledge if we are creating in the concept of material PRT's means how we will maintain their life and how according to that procurement activities happened to that particular material and how i come to know that consumes happened against production order.

regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal,

Grinding wheels/scribers are typically considered of such a low value that it makes no sense to track their life. I don't know your business scenario, but I would normally 'reorder point' such materials. Keep a few on hand at all times, and buy/repair when the onhand qty falls below ROP.

PRT tools are not generally consumable as would be, say, a raw material.

For tools and other high value items, if you want to manage that a tool has a 'life', and the life of the tool is dependent on usage of the tool, you can instead can track/manage the usage of the PRT. The rate of usage can be tied to your actual use of the PRT as defined in the ProdOrd operations.

To do this, you must enter a usage factor in the PRT material master record. Generally, the usage can be defined and tracked, until the tool is no longer usable. At that point, you have to define a process by which the PRT must be replaced/replenished (e.g., a refurbish order, or a purchase order). Availability checks for the production orders can be set up to fail an ATP check if there is no usable PRT available.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/4c/226cf946e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member638633
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear DG49,

Thanks for your reply.

Our client is manufacturer of cutting tools, punching tools etc. for manufacturing these kind of tools they need grinding wheel, scriber for that operation. so we suggested to create as consumable prt because the same grinding wheel is used to manufacture different tools.

In this case of grinding wheel how to consume and update the stock.

Please suggest the configuration settings for this scenario.

Regards,

Vimal

former_member638633
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear GSC,

I am also facing the same issue that how u maintain the consumables as PRT's For EX: Grinding Wheel

Please help on this.

Regards,

Vimal