cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Multiple CCMSPING Agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a SAP Solution Manager on which we run 4 CCMSPING agents.

We are monitoring round about 500 SAP systems with this configuration. For every system with have assigned one of the 4 CCMSPING agents.

If one of the CCMSPING agents fails we get "Availabilty errors" for every system which is monitored by the assigend agent. So far so good.

Now we are thinking about to create a agent group according to description http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/4e/06ae409567942ae10000000a155106/content.htm

For me it sounds like if we have assigned this agent group (including all CCMSPING agents) it doesn't matter if one agent fails. The system availability will be monitored by the remaining agents. Only when no CCMSPING is running anymore then we will get an availability error caused by the not running CCMSPING agents.

Could this be the correct way to monitor systems with an agent group ?

Best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

i'm not quite sure anymore, but i think i read somewhere, that the actual behaviour is like you said:

For me it sounds like if we have assigned this agent group (including all CCMSPING agents) it doesn't matter if one agent fails. The system availability will be monitored by the remaining agents. Only when no CCMSPING is running anymore then we will get an availability error caused by the not running CCMSPING agents.

So i would let the four ccmsping-agents, that are already monitoring your landscape, untouched.

Then i would take an other server (not the one, where the 4 ping-agents are already running) and install 4 new ping-agents and assign them the same layout of your landscape as you did with your "old" ping-agents.

Finally i would create pairwise agent groups. Each consisting of two ping-agents on two different server "pinging" the same systems.

Regards,

Benjamin