cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diff betn central instance and java instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am new to EP .In Web AS java Arch. there is cental instance and java instance.What is difference between central instance and java instance?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Central Instance:

Is a standalone SAP Basis unit which provides services used by clients connected to the SAP system. Among these are the Mesage server and the Enque server which run only on the SAP Central Instance.The Message server maintains a list of all available resources in an SAP system, determines which instance a user logs on to during a client connect, and handles all communication between SAP instances. The Enqueue server is used by SAP to administer the lock table in a distributed SAP system. If the CI server hosting the Enqueue service fails, all SAP transaction locks that have not yet been committed are lost.

Java instance

A Java instance is a unit in the AS Java cluster, which can be started, stopped, and monitored separately. The cluster elements that form an instance run on one physical machine. It is also possible to run several instances on one physical machine. An instance is identified by the system ID (SID) and the instance number.

thx & regards,

kris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i get my ans from this link and explanation

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this PPT.....

http://www.msit2005.mut.ac.th/msit_media/1_2550/SAP%20ADM100/Materials/1.SAP%20Architecture%20Overvi...

Regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: srinivas sistu on Sep 25, 2008 12:08 PM

Edited by: srinivas sistu on Sep 25, 2008 12:08 PM