cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convertion of deski to webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have converted one deski document to webi through Report Conversion Tool. the original deski contains one variable with the computaion

"= If <Alloc(Slow Mover)>  ForAll <MP Customer(Slow Mover)> =0 Then "MAIN RUNNERS" Else If(((<T/O Pcs(Slow Mover)>+<T/O Pcs GIT(Slow Mover)>)/<Alloc(Slow Mover)>) ForAll <MP Customer(Slow Mover)> > 0.3)  Then "MAIN RUNNERS" Else "SLOW MOVERS" "

the converted formula in webi is

= If( [Alloc]  ForAll ([Slow Mover].[MP Customer]) =0 ; "MAIN RUNNERS" ; If(((([Slow Mover].[T/O Pcs]+[Slow Mover].[T/O Pcs GIT])/[Alloc]) ForAll ([Slow Mover].[MP Customer] )> 0.3)  ; "MAIN RUNNERS" ; "SLOW MOVERS" ))

when i run this in webi i get "#COMPUTATON" in the report data for that formula instead of the "computed value. when i tryto edit variable in webi , it say's invalid datatype for [Alloc], eventhough it is a number. it is working fine in DESKI.

please help to give suggstions

thanks

srivani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivani,

You may be getting #COMPUTATION in the webi report which is converted from deski,

- If the variable in deski report is report level variable (created particularly to be used with that report only) some times it does not get converted at the time of report convertion.

- If the formula which you are using in the variable is too complex

-The functions which you are using in deski report are not available with Webi, as deski is a client based tool and Webi is a web based tool.

Then it might be the reason the report faces some problem after getting converted from deski to webi.

For a test you can check the formula which you are using in the deski variable is working fine when you are using it in the webi report formula bar.(fx).

You can also create a new variable in the webi report and copy the formula in it,which you are using in the deski report variable.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The conversion from Deski to Webi is not perfect and complex variables most often do not convert. It is recommended to verify each report after conversion.

In this case, I guess, your best bet is to rebuild this variable.

kashif