cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding of attendance hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In the system, rounding of the attendance hours is done. If a person works for two shifts in a day, the rounding is done individually. But the requirement is the rounding is to be done after taking the total of these attendance hours.

For example attendance hr in first shift is 8.20 (rounded to 😎

Attendace hr in second shift is 6.15 (rounded to 6)

Total is 14 hours

But the requirement is 8.20 + 6.16 = 14.36 (rounded to 15)

Because the range 0.25 to 1 will be rounded to 1.

How can I achieve this in table TIP in Time eval? Please advise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Rounding of Attendances / Absences can be acheived by using Rounding rules which are in turn assigned to the Counting rules. Counting rules are customised to calculate / determine payroll days/hours according to the requirement. There are many standard rounding rules available which will suit your problem.

Regards,

Tara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tara,

I agree all these. But here, the requirement is to be achieved to be added two shifts in one day before the rounding is done. I just wanted to know whether I can do the adding in the table TIP or it can be done in a Time type. And can I do a rounding in a time type?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

Straight answer is no, reason is there is no such concept of rounding in time type. As we are aware TIP table is used for pair formations based on the working times which is further processed for determing the processing type / time types for the time pair. Once we do this determination Balances are formed in Time TypesThis all depends how are you treating the work hours, to be more clear what are the total planned hours / overtime hours for the employee. Whther the employee is working 1 shift or 2shifts for one single day.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Tara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks tara,

But still my doubt is unanswered. How can I do add both these hours in TIP before the rounding is done?

Thanks