cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Database Table through JDBC Adaptor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to update one table in Oracle by using JDBC adaptor. The sender will be the ABAP Proxy class. There are 2 fields to be updated in the Oracle table based on 5 fields. Issue is at present there are around 30-40 Update queries (Native SQL) for various type of conditions (5 fields).

Based on the where clause some time one field has to be updated or some times 2. (all these various permutations & combinations are right now happening through Native SQL queries).

Since 30-40 interfaces one each for Native SQL is not a good idea we have identified 3 different ways of doing..

1. Store all the details in an Internal Table that are required i.e 2 fields that are to be updated & 5 key fields and do all the manipulations and send back the table just for updating in the Oracle table.

2. Use XML SQL structure (using access & key ) and getting it done in the JDBC receiver.

3. Send all the details to JDBC and write a stored procedure in the Oracle (for various conditions)

At the the most at a given point of time 10-15 line items exists.

Please tell me which will be the best way out of the above 3 options (efficiency).

Thanks & Regards

Raghavendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

efficiency - if you consider execution time , there is no major difference in all three mathod.

Oracle procedure can make your work easy but one big issue is maintanance (generally you don't have authorization on oracle production database ,so you can't check the trace or error if any for maintanance)

using XML put all things in your hand and ease of maintanance (as you need to worry of XI only) but it is very logical intencive/time consuming

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For anything with JDBC adapter... I would always suggest a Stored Procedure. Robust coding, can take care of validations.. transactions or any other stuff.. easy to maintain.. easy to deploy on the DB..

VJ