cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

physical inventory reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

we have carried out physical inventory in our warehouse for diffrent stg.types using continuous inventory method.

1.created pi thru trx LX16

2.Count results thru Trx li11n

3.Post the differences thru li20 in WM.

later they found some excess material that has not been counted or entered in PI.My requirement to add this material in the warehouse.how to carry out this.

Is there any possibilities for reversing the PI document after posting.

Regards,

velu

Edited by: kulandaivelu rajasekaran on Sep 25, 2008 10:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make the following changes to a physical inventory document:

In the document header

change the planned count date

set or remove the posting block

freeze the book inventory balance

create or change the physical inventory number

In an item still to be counted

change the stock type

change the count unit of measure

set the deletion indicator

Enter new items, provided no count has taken place

Delete the document

Please note when deleting:

If you set the deletion indicator for an item, the item remains in the document but cannot be processed. This will unblock the material.

If you delete a document, it is physically deleted if there are no inventory difference postings for its items. If a difference has been posted, the document is proof of the posting. Therefore, it is simply flagged for deletion. This means it can then be displayed, but no longer processed. The document is physically deleted when the next reorganization program is run.

To change a physical inventory document, proceed as follows:

Select Physical inventory document --> Change from the physical inventory menu. The initial screen appears.

On the initial screen, enter the number of the physical inventory document.

To make changes to the document header, select Goto --> Header. Make the change and save with Physical inventory document -> Post.

To make changes to an item, select Goto -> Collective processing. Make the change and save with Physical inventory document -> Post.

To add a new item, select Goto --> New items. Enter the items and save with Physical inventory document --> Post.

To delete the document, select Document --> More functions --> Delete.

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for your reply. my question is after clearing the differences,how you will reverse the doc.

my physical inventory is carried out in wm not in im what you have said.

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Suggest that you create a new PI document, enter correct qty and post. Should be less effort that reversing all documents and re do the process from scratch.

Michael

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot reverse a physical inventory doc, you can only create a new one and correct your mistake.

Go trough the whole process (do LI21 as well), after that create a new inventory doc as it was suggested by Michael and do all the necessary steps.

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as advised by michael i have carried out the physical inventory once again and got resolved my issues