cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catching and processing exceptions in a BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have several processing blocks in my BPM and each has its own exception defined. I'm checking exceptions in my blocks but would like to react differently for each of them.

How can understand the values in an exception. I would like to send different sets of replies by exception data. How do I analysis what's stored in exception.

I tried creating a simple string and assigned text via container operation. However, I cannot assign this to an interface (abs). So I'm stuck.

thanks for all your replies!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I believe it can successfully throw the exception but then it cant be able to CATCH the perticular exception.

That is the reason why it failed to continue with the transformation.

Is there anywhere we need to do the settings to check the exception.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parimala,

I had a similar requirement and let me write to you an option which i did

and an option which could be used in when we upgrade to >SP15 (we are on Sp14 now).

- I send out one message for all the excpetions, however, in the BPM send step i enter a value in the send context, which can be check in the configuration by checking the value for the context object "Process Step", and based on the different cases, i use different mapping programs(the process step is not available inside graphical mapping) and sends out different messages.

- from SP15 onwards, there is a property in the send step in addition to the Send Context, which is a "Conversation ID". I can set these with different values for the different send steps based on where the exception occured...This varaible is accessible within the mapping program(this is part of the mapping runtime values like sender, receiver etc..)...and the string can be set accordingly..

What SP version are you On??

Thanks,

Renjith

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Parimala,

>>>I tried creating a simple string and assigned text via container operation. However, I cannot assign this to an interface (abs). So I'm stuck.

the only way it to define a simple interface mapping

inside the exception branch in which you can set

a constant text inside which you can write:

"exception from block 1 executed" or something similar

As for now there's no such thing as error text catching

inside your BPM

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

So I ended up creating an errorText interface (Abs) and tried assigning constant text.

How do you map a constant text to a target interface. I cannot do this in container operation since it cannot reference an individual field in a interface object (I get assignment not possible) and niether can I do this in the message mapping since this needs a source....when I use dummy source interface, I get 1-1 mapping missing or not available.

Any idea?

Renjith,

I have not used Send step with 'send context', I will try now. I need to read up on its usage a bit.

Thanks,

Parimala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

So I ended up creating an errorText interface (Abs) and tried assigning constant text.

How do you map a constant text to a target interface. I cannot do this in container operation since it cannot reference an individual field in a interface object (I get assignment not possible) and niether can I do this in the message mapping since this needs a source....when I use dummy source interface, I get 1-1 mapping missing or not available.

Any idea?

Renjith,

I have not used Send step with 'send context', I will try now. I need to read up on its usage a bit.

Thanks,

Parimala

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to use a dummy transformation step 1:1

(with a dummny source)

this will work for sure

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I thought about this but the problem is I don't have a dummy source data available at this point. It's kinda crazy. Maybe I'll have to make one available if this is the only way....which it maybe. Renjith's solution will not work since my final (good) transformation happens in the BPM and not in the interface determination. I'll keep thinking.

Thanks for your input and time.

-Parimala