cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material from REM to discrete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My current business scenario is some materials in my plant are define in discrete and some in REM.

In long run, suppose I want to switch over from REM to discrete, what are the things which I have to follow?

What are all steps involved in converting a REM material to Discrete?

Pl. reply.

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before switching from REM to discrete

1)There should not any planned order generated through REM.

2) Remove the REM check box in the material master.

3)Check the point of view also. In rem if ur using the preliminary cost estimate then switch it in to std cost estimate.

4) Create settlement profile and assign it to ur order type.

Regards

Vijay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

Check out this,

1. First finish all the production booking in MFBF(whether it might be Assembly backflush or component

backflush or Activity backflush) so that there's no more cancellation either through MFBF or MF41or MF12.

2.Then variance calculation & settlement of the Product cost collectors by selecting the order number that

you find it in KKF6N-->under header tab key.

3.Then setting the deletion flag for the product cost collectors.

4.Once this is done close the production version to Date,I mean set the system's date as To date,so that

it's not going to be used anymore.

5. Remove the REM profile and REM allowed indicator for all those materials which are to be shifted from

REM to Discrete.

6.You can create routing for all those materials ,if required then production version by combining the BOM

& routing.

7.If you are doing all these things at the month end it will be well and good ,so that once the new period

(month is opened) means you can take a new cost rollup for the new quantity structure.

8. If required you can create new activity type for setting the activity type+Cost center combination for

defining new activity Rates.

9.Incase if you are going to use new cost centers,then that also be implemented.

Check with this & revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

0 Kudos

Hello Mangalraj,

we want to move from repetitive to discrete. We want to use the repetitive routings in future production orders.

Is it better to create new routings for discrete or use the existing repetitive?

What are the customizing steps in case we keep the repetitive one?

Could you please explain to me the consequences from repetitive to discrete process?

Should I follow the steps that you described higher in the discussion?

Thank in advance for you answers.

ASCM