cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI & 2008 Web Service Record Limit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a test web service setup to return a table with the number of rows (crystal records) being set by an input parameter integer. For any number over 23000 crystal returns the error 'Failed to retrive data from the database', this followed by another error 'Cannot determine the queries necessary to get data for this report. Details: Unexpected error'.

Can anyone shed some light on a record/parameter limit that may be causing this? Numbers under 23000 work fine returning that amount of records.

I am working in Crystal Developer 2008. (I had the same kind of error when working in Crystal developer XI)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Are you using your own web service or a Business Objects web service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is my own web service, just a simple one for testing purposes...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our product cannot guarantee how it will work for sure with your own web service..

However, having said that, it should not have any limit if you were working with Business Objects web services.

Hope that helps in some way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you point me towards some business objects web services that I can use for testing? This web service works fine when called from other applications so if I can test with a business objects verified web service I should be able to investigate further.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Business Objects web service is in regards to a deployment that you can install with our Business Objects Enterprise XI Release 2 (BOXIEr2).

If you are using BOXIEr2, then you will need to install Productivity Pack Service Pack 2 to the BOEXIr2 as web service is not installed by default. If you are using BOEXIr3, it is installed by default.

As for a working web service you can try look at, look at this site as a reference:

http://staging.mappoint.net/standard-30/mappoint.wsdl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I've tried using that wsdl in the crystal 'http(s) wsdl url' field with no username and password and the drop downs for service port and method are all blank. Is there something else I should be doing? I am using Crystal 2008.

Cheers..