cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work flow Task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am creating my first workflow with a smiple "Send Mail" Step. When i created this step under the "Control" tab the "Task" field has the value "TS92000001".

What is the purpose of this task. What is meant by "Agent assignment for task".

Regards,

RV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This number defines the contents of your email in the form of a task and you can see this task in PFTC_DIS tcode, these task are the building blocks of the Workflow.

Please post your threads in proper form.

Rajneesh Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

For the mailing step the task got created automatically. But I have added one more step "User decision" for this the task is not present.

I think this is creating a problem when i execute my workflow (Although the workflow got activated without any errors).

What task should i assign for the "User decision" step ?

Regards,

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For the user decision step., you will have to create a task under PFTC depending upon ur requirements.

1. Choose a standard task.

2. Choose the BO acc to the requirement.

3. and the step at which you want to trigger your workflow..

Ex- Created/ Changed

'

regards,

preet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign TS00008267 in the control tab, and do the agent assignment.

Rajneesh Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

Done.

In which thread should i post Workflow queries ?

Regards,

RV

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RV,

Tasks describe elementary business activities. Tasks always refer to a method of an object type. Possible agents are defined for tasks. Tasks can refer to automatically executable methods (background tasks) or they can require a user to execute them (dialog tasks).

so when u go in swdd in create a single step of send Email a task is generated which can have any task no. starting with ts(task) as in ur case it is "TS92000001". if u double click on this task no. u vl go to a screen standard task :display (u can also put ur task no. in transaction code pftc and there u give task type as Standard task and in task give ur task no. and press enter then click on change above now u vl be able to see the same screen as standard task : display ), there u vl see the details of this task, u vl see method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION and object type as SELFITEM which comes automatically as u have created step of send mail.

when u create a activity then u have to create a task by ur self it doesn't come automatically , there u have to give all the details . after giving details according to ur need , now save it and in tab task properties u vl see agent assignment which means for that particular task which are the agents u want to allow. if u click on that agent assignment then u vl come to screen standard task : maintain agent assignment. There if u select the first line and then click on attributes u vl see :

General tasks u2013 By setting this indicator, it can be ensured that all users can perform this task.

General forwarding allowed u2013 This ensures that the work item assigned to the task is forwarded to all

users, even if the task has not been assigned to the user.

General forwarding not allowed u2013 This ensures that the work items for a task are forwarded only to the agents assigned to it.

forwarding not allowed : means task can not be assigned to any agent.

i hope the above information vl help u in clearing ur doubt.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The possible agents of a task are all of the users who are organizationally responsible and authorized to execute the task at runtime. Only they can receive a work item for this task in their Business Workplaces. Starting the task in dialog outside a workflow is included in execution.

No possible agents are assigned initially to an SAP task or an SAP workflow. You can perform this assignment in Customizing. You can change and extend these assignments at a later date as well.

Regards,

Shahina

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this task number is a unique number which defines the steps which you will take to complete your task.

Tcode PFTC is used for creation and display of the task.

Agent assignment is done in case you want to assign a particular person to do a particular task.. , if you want to authorize the task to someone..

regards,

preet