cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService action in BLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I exposed a BLS transaction using

http://<server:port>/XMII/WSDLGen/<transaction name>.

Is it possible to communicate with this transaction through a WebService action block in another transaction.?

I have successfully used the WebService action block to communicate with a Java WebService hosted in axis2 environment.

Please help

Thanks and Regards,

Rajath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajath,

yes, you can call the transaction using the WebService, however I wonder why you want to use a webcall instead of calling the tran directly.

When defining the webservice action, enter the URL as mentioned and follow the Wizard.

- Port: XacuteWSSOAP

- Operation Xacute

Please mind that you have to enter a username and password if you use MII 12.0.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael

I have a simple transaction which writes a file in to some location. I exposed this transaction using WSDLGen. And configured a BLS WebService action using the above URI in another transaction.

When i executed the second transaction, i got an error : "Error invoking WebServer Action:null".

I have given the sufficient security permissions to both the transactions and had also give the login credentials with admin privilege. What could be wrong???

Any help?

regards,

Rajath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajath,

have you tried to enter the URL you use into an open MII window in the browser? If the URL is correct, MII responses with the generated WSDL output. If not there may be another error message that helps.

Did you also have a look at the NetWeaver Log? Are there any errors that help?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't forget to append "?wsdl" (without the quotes) after transaction name.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michael. One reason you might want to do this is to implement a recursive call to a transaction (which is not a good idea using the standard transaction call action).