cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create data types from XSD file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one trouble and I hope, you are able to help me.

I have to extract Idoc from R/3 (DEBMDM06) and save it through XI into file (for further use).

Because structure of DEBMDM06 is really huge, I wanted to create the data types from XSD file. I created the XSD via transaction we60. But XI shows error, that the file does not contain definition of data type .....

Is it possible to create data types from XSD file in this way ?? How ??

Thanks you very much..

bye

JJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

Is there any specific reason you want to create a data type for the IDOC?

Can't you import the IDOC structure into the integration repository and create additional message interface referring to the imported idoc type if required for your scenarios?

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I created the message interface

and created it based on the structure of Idoc.

But I am new to XI, so I do not know whether it is sufficient (for mapping from Idoc to my structure), that I map interfaces in Interface mappings??

And how to create message mapping to have mapping program?

thanks

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day JJ....

In order to create the file in your desired structure you first need to create DT and message type for the file side and then map the Idoc structure and the file structure by creating message mapping and then add the that MM to the interface mapping..

then impoprt the scenario or the objects to Configuration time creating your file Communication channel (no need for Idoc comm. channel)

Good luck

Nimrod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

I would say that the way you have done it would be sufficient. If the target structure is also same, you can create a message interface which uses the imported IDOC type....

May be depending on you scenario, you need not even create a new message interface...for example you can use

"ORDERS.ORDERS01" in the namespace "urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages" in your interface mappings as well as configuration.

Thanks,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I am going to test it...