cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective Order - specific case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to cancel the parent order, but the system does not permit me to do the same as a child order exists, which is logically correct. I wish to continue the production of the child order as i cannot cancel the same.

In this scenario, is it possible to complete the production of child order & on confirmation move the sub-assembly to inventory instead of issuing it onto the parent order?

If this is not possible, may i know what are the alternative ways to manage this scenario?

Edited by: Vivek on Oct 2, 2008 2:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Tarachand & Mr. Uday,

Thanks for your inputs, but neither of it helps in my case.

Let me try to rephrase my issue:

In a collective order scenario, the child orders are always settled onto the parent order. But only in some specific cases, i might have to cancel the parent order, but the child order cannot be cancelled as the production is almost complete.

So in such cases, i want to know how i can move the output from child order to inventory instead of issuing it to the parent order.

So how can i

1. Cancel the parent order even when the child order is in progress? If it is not possible, then what alternative do i have?

2. How do i move the output from child order to inventory instead of allowing the system to automatically settle it onto the parent order?

Hope my issue is clear.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

As you know, in collective order, the components prodced from sub order always directly posted to superior Order and not to material stock.

Still you have one option, you can post the component to stock using the Order number at MB1C with movement type 531 to one storage location.

When you look at costing point of you it is not advisable, Please chech with your Co consultant

Regards

Pradeep Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Pradeep,

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs.

If you can let me know what impact it would cause from a costing point of view would be very helpful.

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

I think this may be possible if you have checked the selection indicator "collective order with goods movemen"t on OPJH. Just check that.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think u r looking for order split

U just read order split from sap help it will help u.

In that case u do the operation confirmation and issue all the row material inventory for parent order. But do GR of parent order qty first. At the time of child order confirmation (operation confirmation) u do GI,GR of remaining order qty.

tarachand