cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Service order and service contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one plz differenciate the service contract and service order?? why only service contract products can carry object list entries and why not service products??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nagi Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If i understand your question correctly then acc to me you can have both service product and objects/ Ibase in your service contract.

You can carry out service order wrt your serivce contract.

Best regards

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We can also maintain Objects in service orders at item level.

We can enter service product in service item and against this item we can enter Install base / component and product ID.

Thanks ,

Nitin

0 Kudos

Hi,

A service contract is used for defining which parts (like IBase or equipments with serial numbers) are covered by a contract and which service & spare parts can be provided if something is wrong. You can create a service contract which is valid for a period or for a certain target qty or value.

A service order can be used as a follow-up to indicate which IBase or equipment is defect and then you can indicate which service you are going to provide to fix the problem.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for your answer.

But why only service contract products can carry object list entries and why not service products??

Kindly answer for my above question.

Thank you once again,

Regards,

Nagi Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We can also maintain Objects in service orders at item level.

We can enter service product in service item and against this item we can enter Install base / component and product ID.

Thanks ,

Nitin