cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post Special G/L ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Experts,

When i try to do a posting, system prompts error saying that this specific account is marked as a reconciliation account for account type "D" and cannot therefore be directly posted to.

How can i post this specific special G/L accounting?

Please advise. Thanks!

Regards,

LEE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the last action was before two months, so I close this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since assignment through VKOA is not posting during billing,

I'm trying this scenario out in T.Code OV64 (Assign GL inside Recon Acct Determination)

I hit this error saying:

Entry App:VB ZDFP does not exist in T685A (check entry)

I would like to know where do i go to get to this Customizing table?

Through T.Code SC16 is not customizing.

Note: If its just VKOA, then what's the main purpose of using OV64?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lee

I have also gone through the T.Code and observed that the condition type mentioned there is KOAB which is not applicable for normal sales process. It should have been KOFI or KOFK and as I already mentioned, you should be able to find these conditions (KOFI and KOFK) in VKOA settings.

Please maintain the respective G/L Account there in VKOA

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying this thing scenario out in T.Code OV64 (Assign GL inside Recon Acct Determination)

I hit this error saying:

Entry App:VB ZDFP does not exist in T685A (check entry)

I would like to know where do i go to get to this Customizing table?

Through T.Code SC16 is not customizing.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not too clear about this Special GL posting as it is my first time encountering this.

I'm also not too sure whether is SD config or FICO config that needs to be done.

Inside SPRO, am i suppose to config this into 'revenue acct determ' or 'recon acct determ' ?

I somehow need to post to this special indicator 'Z' so that it will pass onto the correct account number since i cant post directly into that account.

Complete darkness here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't get dis-heartening.

Sit with FI-Consultant/ Personnel in to your organization for better understanding.

IMP: Its not important whether you know or not the Config part in SAP, what matters most is the process and its subsequent effects.

One can never be a good consultant if he/ she is not aware of the processes.

Best Regards,

Amit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lee

All G/L Accounts will have to be created in T.Code FS00 which will be done by your FI guys. Once they have completed this task, you have to go to VKOA, select the required combination and assign those G/L Accounts there. Of course after assigning the respective G/L Accounts, FI has to give concurrence on the settings.

If you have done this in line with standard settings and FI has given clearance, you can definitely overcome from the issue. Dont lose your heart. Nobody is well versed in all modules. By these sort of issues only, you will gain experience

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lee

As you may be aware for normal sales, we would be having two G/L Accounts; one for sales and another for Balance Sheet (Profit and Loss Account). In customer master Company Code Data under "Account Management" tab, you have to define this Balance Shet G/L Account for the field "Recon.account".

I feel, in your case, you would have assigned the sales G/L Account in customer master and hence the error. Check with your FI people and ensure that you have assigned the Balance Sheet G/L Account only in customer master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the setting of account key in pricing procedure

as well as in Account determination.

u2022 Criteria for account determination-

 Chart of account

 Sales organization

 Account assignment group for payer

(Customer in to different group, such as domestic and overseas.)

 Account assignment group for materials

 Account key

(Account keys are assigned to condition types in the pricing procedure, so that conditions such as freight condition, can be posted to special freight revenue accounts)

Thanks

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check and confirm following details:

Account group (Tab: Type/ Description):

*Reco Account fo Acct. Type (Tab: Control Data):

*As per your statement it seems that its a Reco A/c maintained for "D-Customer"

To do so:

T. Code: FS00

Enter G/L and Company Code.

Also, Check Field Status Group under Tab: Create/bank/interest

Attach Reco. A/c in Customer Master (under Tab: Company Code, Sub Tab: Account Management, Field: Recon. account)

Hope, this may resolve the query.

Best Regards,

Amit