cancel
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:

E-mail bounce in sap system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to send an e-mail from my personal address (abc.) to the e-mail address xyz. This last e-mail addressed is connected to the mailreceiveplsapcp400.hs.emeadc.lighting.abc. e-mail address. Which will be delivered at the CP4(production) system.

However this mail is being bounced.

After checking the system we've found out that the connection from the mail server to the CP4 is working fine. However the mail does still not receive *in SAP.* Can you please check this issue. Maybe within SAP, maybe on unix mail-agents which are not running fine, or port-binding which is not correct.

I have checked following setings

1) <Scot> -- every think green (ok)

2) ping mailreceiveplsapcp400.hs.emeadc.lighting.abc. (ok)

3) <sm37> -- SAPCONNECT ALL SEND(Finished)

NOTE : we can send mail from sap to xxx ,but not recieve in sap

is it require more settings for receiving mail in sap if plsss help me.

Regards

mohsin mulani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you activated the SAPconnect service in SICF?

You need to set up Inbound Distribution & Processing, I'm sure there are many threads on this in the forum if you search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Machael,

I have checked <SICF> SAPconnect service is Active

can u pls tell me steps how to set up Inbound Distribution & Processing ???

Regards

mohsin mulani

sap basis administartor mumbai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read SAP Note 455140.

Ensure your is/SMTP/virt_host (1) settings are correct and that you've set the default domain (4a). And check for any firewall settings on the SAP server, you may be blocking your SMTP port (not uncommon when not using inbound email).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post the error log from sost transaction..

Regards

Thilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos