Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

RE: Authorization Group

Hi all,

Our plant at Mexico need access to a table and we created a authrization group and assigned it to that table.

then i added that correspoding tcode(which contained the requested table) to parent role ( given access to S_TABU_DIS only for that specific authoization group)

But when i distributed the change, it was distributed to all child roles including US and Mexico.

Is there any way that i can keep this one only for Mexico Child roles and not for US child roles.

Thanks,

SSSSSS

replied

> but if you change the authorizations manually in child role, when i make the next modification in parent role and push the changes, it will overwrite the authorizations that i maintained locally in child roles, isn't?

That is correct and it is expected behaviour. I advise you to create a separate role for this table maintenance. Especially since you've created a custom transactions for maintaining this specific table. The parent-derived concept is not meant to have differences in transactions between parents and children or amongst the children.

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Sep 25, 2008 3:49 PM (typo, nothing serious)

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question