cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query reg. layoutdata property of UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when exactly does a layout data property for ui element appears ?

i have created a group and put group1,group2 and transparent container in it. these three have layout data property

but in group1, i have put a transparent container and group3. both these child UI elements do not have layout data property at all

i am not able to understand why it appears in some cases and in some its not there at all

kindly help

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

I have difficulty in understanding your question, but i try to answer in general about layout property.

By default every view had RootUIElementContainer, and it is having certain layout preoperties. For RootUIElementContainer you can choose the layout property any one from the list like: Matrix Layout, Row Layout, Flow Layout and Grid Layot.

When you insert a Group in RootUIElementContainer, still you have a chance to choose which layout you want to use from out of these four Matrix Layout, Row Layout, Flow Layout and Grid Layot.

So every group and Transperent container will have this layout propery irrespective of where you place them.

Some help on different layout types and detaild description here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/3c/1b913d64c80968e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The layout data of a UI element correspond to the layout of the container of this (child) element .

For example, if you put a child into a container and assign the container a MatrixLayout, then you have to assign either a MatrixHeadData or MatrixData object to the child. The view designer automatically assigns a suitable (default) layout data object to each UI element and updates it when the container layout is changed or the child is moved to another container.

Armin