cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of synchronous calls in system exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea on this error message "Maximum number of synchronous calls in system exceeded"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">ID_SA_MAX_CALLS_EXCEEDED</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>*Maximum number of synchronous calls in system exceeded*</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>N</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If none of the messages are held up in your queues and you still see this kindaa errors when you call the web service simultaneously, then you can increase the thread count in visual administrator per adapter..So ask your basis team to increase that thread count for SOAP adapter - synchronous calls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to check how long it can hold the messages in system ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis guys can tell you exactly, because it depends on the settings made.

as far as i know XI will hold a message untill it is bounced/restarted, when it is bounced it will refresh complete cache and delete all the details in the cache/queue,or manually you shd delete the queues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shaik,

Did you manage to solve this problem?

I'm getting the same error. I've a bpm that receives a message from an ABAPProxy and invokes an external webservice, which delivers the webservice response back to SAP R3.

When I send 2000 requests from SAP ABAPProxy I get the error:

"ID_SA_MAX_CALLS_EXCEEDED

Maximum number of synchronous calls in system exceeded"

I don't see a problem on the queues, they are able to send it all with no problems...

Can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see my post above for resolution of your problem. But I still don't think that you can handle 2000 requests simultaneously. Your PI server has to be sized to handle 2000 requests.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use TC SMQ2 to see queues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any place were can I check the maximum number synchronous call can system take?

Thanks

Shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not the matter with no. sync calls XI can handle, but how long it is holding the process to get the reply from other system.

so check why it is holding messages. it will solve your problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is your scenario? where did you get this error?

did you check RWB for Messages?

as per the error it states that you are making a synchronous call and XI queue is struck up with messages which didn't get any reply.so it can't process more messages.

check the queue's. they might be filled up.