Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Need help with adding formatted text and images to Crystal Report?

Here's my scenario:

I have a customer statement that's generated as a crystal report and that has a placeholder for advertisement. The advertisement is mixture of formatted text and images. Until now we only had one advertisement that was always used on the report. The new requirement is that we would have a pool of hundreds of advertisements and would need to display one specific advertisement on the customer statement based on various marketing criteria. They key is that the advertisement content will be determined programmatically and cannot be hardcoded into the report. I'm using Crystal2008 with .net SDK.

Here are the solutions I thought of, but I'm still rather lost and would appreciate your help/opinion.

1) Pass HTML or RTF to the report

Not really sure if this is possible and how to get it done. Also how would I pass in images? Would display formatting be reliable when exporting to PDF?

2) Create each add as a subreport and append it programatically

I actually have this working, but I only know how to append a new section to the end of the report and then load the subreport to the section. I have no other controll of the placement. Is there a way to dynamically load a subreport to a predefined section in the main report? How about adding a dummy subreport in the main report as a placeholder and then replacing it with a different subreport? How could I do this?

3) Pass an Image to the report

I would create each advertisement as an image and then would somehow add the image to the report. How would I load the image and control the placement? Could I somehow define a placeholder for the image in the main report-maybe a dummy image to be replaced?

Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question