cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Synch service was running fine for 3 days then I get this error

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One Web Tools\SynchManager\logs\Revision_LIVE.log' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at System.IO.File.OpenWrite(String path)

at NetPoint.SynchSBO.Log.WriteXMLLog(String theclass, String themethod, String message, SynchLogType thetype, SecurityTicket ticket, String objecttype, String objectid)

at NetPoint.SynchSBO.Log.WriteLog(String theclass, String themethod, String message, SynchLogType thetype, SecurityTicket ticket, String objecttype, String objectid)

at NetPoint.SynchSBO.Log.WriteLog(String theclass, String themethod, String message, SynchLogType thetype, SecurityTicket ticket)

at NetPoint.SynchSBO.Synch.SynchAll()

What other process would be using the log file? Any ideas.

Karl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like there might have been a write to the logfile simultaneous to a read. Or there might have been another process like a virus scanner that had the file open for reading and the synchservice ran and tried to write to it.

You can set the service to auto restart after the 1st and 2nd failure if necessary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bryce,

We are still getting this same error. I cant get a synch to happen all now. Is there a way to narrow it down. We disabled all the security software and there shouldnt be anything accesing that file. I deleted it and tried but same thing.

any ideas?

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try opening up the synch manager and clearing the log file, then do a manual synch.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still having same issue except all the time now. I cannot get a synch going at all.