cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of auto approval process in leave request work flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My requirement is to add escalation process in leave request work flow. We need to send a remainder email to the approver after 5 days, if no action has been taken. after 7 days, we need to send a email notification to the next level manager and the work item needs to be forwarded to next level manager. if next level manager doesn't take any action with in 5 days, the request needs to be auto approved.

I have used Latest start for the first remainder (1st level manager) and latest end to send an email notification to 2nd level manager and forwarded the work item to 2nd level manager. with in the same branch, I have created one condition to check the request state, In the not processed branch, I have added a step for auto approval and the request start has been maintained for this auto approval step. with in the auto approval step, I am changing the actual state element value and sending an email notification to the manager.

The first remainder and auto approval processes are working fine, I have an issue with the forward work item. After the workitem has been forwarded successfully, it is still in 1st Managers' UWL and doesn't appear in the 2nd level Managers' UWL.

Can anyone please let me know how to get the work item in 2nd level managers' UWL?

Thanks,

Bindu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using Modelled deadline where the workitem can be made not to be with the first approver.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

I have used model dead lines only..the work item is forwarded to next level manager successfully but doesn't appear in 2nd level managers' inbox. When I check the agents after the work item forwarding step, it is showing 1st level manager and 2nd level managers' names and the 2nd level manager name as the receiver for the forwarded work item.

Thanks,

Bindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using modelled deadline I suggest you to Use Processing Obsolete outcome and in this branch to create another activity step that will send a new workitem to the 2nd level line manager. Please search this forum with processing Obsolete keyword and you will get your answer.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Arghadip. I tried to implement the Process Obsolete. But wasn't able to add it correctly...

I added the escalation process as b

I have used the Model dead lines like below...

Latest Start - to send remainder email to 1st level Manager (5 days)

Latest End - To forward the work item to 2nd level Manager and to send an email notification...(7 days)

To implement the Auto Approval Process, I added another step (Activity) and I gave the Request Start as 10 days. I have included a condition in the Latest end branch after the email notification. Based on the condition the auto approval step will be executed... Once it is completed, it will change the actual state element of the container and send an email notification.

If I remove the approval step in the latest end branch, the work item is being forwarded to 2nd level manager and the work item is being placed in the 2nd level managers' UWL.

If the approval step is placed in the latest end dead line branch as above, the work item is being forwarded to 2nd level manager but it is not visible in the 2nd level managers' UWL.

Any idea why the work item is not visible in UWL in the auto approval process.

Edited by: Hima Bindu K on Sep 26, 2008 11:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you ..My problem solved with the implementation of Processing Obsolete.

Answers (0)