cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are testing tool effective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to test my scenario using 2 available method of testing. I deliberately put a wrong data and tested in message mapping.

As expected, my mapping fails in test tab of message mapping. Now i took the same payload ( whcih has wrong data) & used it in Runtime workbench ( Integration engine- Test Message) & also in ID in Tools-Test Configuration

To my surprise, the messages are triggered without error and i can see sucess flag. However when I see the XML payload it has wrong data. My Question is why these tool did not recognized what message mapping test found. How effect are those tools considering that they simulate the pipeline steps.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

The testing tool only tests the mapping step and transformation that you have defined and nothing more.

When you push it through the RWB you post the message into the IS directly and the pipeline steps are executed and during this execution Mapping step will also be called.

If you have made changes to your mapping program where the test failed and got a success while you pushed it through the RWB check if the cache is up to date because your change might not have been updated in the cache and the IS is still using the old definition.

Do a complete cache refresh and then try again and it should work.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I did refresh the cache. Also i haven't changed any mapping. I am passing a wrong data or not passing a field which is mandatory.

With this, I am getting error in Mapping screen but 2 other methods of testing ( RWB & Test Configuration ) is not giving any error.

I believe this tools also pass through the Pipeline steps for whcih mapping is part.

Any suggestion on this will be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Test Configuration, only checks the configuration related information, if you have missed out any parameter in the configuration scenario. Mapping errors will not be recognized here.

For further check, try to miss out something in Configuration , this will be detected here.

I hope i make it clear.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you do a mapping test, the only thing that you are testing is the mapping, independently of interfases.

When I want to test any interface, I:

1) Log on into R/3. Look for an existing IDOC in TC WE02 with status 03 (data passed to port OK). When I found one, I write the idoc number and then I go to TC WE19 and I test it there; just put the idoc number in textbox "existing idoc" and press F8, when you go to next screen, press F7 and put there the amount of Idocs that you want to reprocess. Then, log on into XI and go to TC SXI_MONITOR and see if the xml generated by the idoc you reprocess was sent ok.

2) Log on into IR and in message mapping go to test; test it putting information in the outbound idoc or xml or rfc. When the mapping result is ok, save that xml.

Then, I use a http page that basis guys give to me long time ago, where I have only to put:

Server Host (your server host, like srv-xxx-adm for example)

Server Port (in this case, I test it with server 8000 and not 50000)

Client (your mdt in SAP R3)

Quality of Service (sync., async. or exactly once in order)

Sender Service (your sender service; you can found it in ID)

Sender Interface (your message interface in IR)

Sender Namespace (your namespace in IR)

Then, you can upload the xml and logon with a username and password, and the xml will be sent.

And like in 1), you must log on into XI and go to TC SXI_MONITOR and see if the xml generated by the idoc you reprocess was sent ok.

3) Some guys from other systems are using a program called xmlspy to send xml from any system throw xi to sap or from sap throw xi to any system. The only thing that I have to do is to send them the empty xml I got from message mapping in IR, so they can fill it with information and send it. Then, just look at it in sxi_monitor transaction code in xi.

I dont use the other test tools because last guy in xi here told me not to use it (he didnt explain me why).

I hope this could be helpful for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

How about RWB testing. Does this also by pass the pipeline step.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use RWB but if something is not working ok in there, it doesnt matter because idocs are sent ok.

Trust in tc sxi_monitor. Its the best way to know if you do the right things, and if you dont, you can see there where is the error.