cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGS Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I'd like to know, how i can find out, if the IGS is running, how i can start it, if it isn't running and how i can configure it.

I'd also like to know, how or where i can see, which services of the server are currentliy running.

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetz Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The way you started will start it in dialog mode and will stop when the command prompt is closed.Ideally IGS should start when you start SAP.Restart your SAP System, this should solve your problem.

The starting of IGS is controlled by startsap script .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately, restarting SAP does not solve this problem.

The IGS is not started automatically yet.

How can I make the IGS start automatically? Where is the config file for the startsap script you mentioned?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the kernel directory.

Please make a copy of the file and work on it.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you very much for your patience so far!

Unfortunately my SAP-knowledge is not so big. Can you give me some more details about what I have to do exactly? (Which file in which directory and which lines were supposed to be added/removed to run the IGS?)

This would help me alot!

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the start profile for the following entries:

_IGS = igswd.exe

IGSD = -dir=$(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs

IGSP = -mode=all -sysname=$(SAPSYSTEMNAME) -sysno=$(SAPSYSTEM)

Start_Program_06 = local $(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs\bin\$(_IGS) $(IGSD) $(IGSP)

For more detials refer Sap Note 824281

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also The IGS does not start on Windows systems, if there is no valid tmp or temp directory set in the environement.

Set the "tmp" and/or "temp" environement variable to a valid directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/igswd_mt -mode=profile pf=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/<instance profile> &

IGS should ideally start when you start SAP.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you a lot again!

Meanwhile I managed to run the IGS by typing "D:\usr\sap\CE1\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386\igswd.exe -mode=profile pf=D:\usr\sap\CE1\SYS\profile\CE1_J00_scm-shk" into a command box.

How is it possible to autostart the IGS with the server? Guess I have to edit the file "CE1_J00_scm-shk". Is that correct?

What has to be attached to this file? Guess it's just a few lines...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

further Check in task manager igsmux, igspw, igswd, these 3 processes are running.If these processes are running, but still IGS is not working then, you can kill igsmux and igspw (this is in case of windows system, watchdog will automatically restart them.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the answer!

Yes, you're right, it is a Java only system.

Unfortunately none of the three processes is running curently. Though I found igsmux.exe, igspw.exe, igswdon.exe on the harddisk. So the igs seems to be installed at least.

How can I (auto-)start the igs?

Thank you again!

Edited by: Tobias Rudloff on Sep 25, 2008 1:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume here that you are working with Java only system. If wrong correct me.

There is a web interface for monitoring the IGS. To call it up enter the following in the address line of a browser: http://(hostname):(port of http listener) The web page displays both information on the IGS and

links to pages with more detailed information.

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greetz Tobias,

If your OS is Unix flavour you can find the processers with the help of below command....

ps -ef |grep -i igs

you will see the process running ...somthing like

sidadm 19367 19365 1:23 /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS18/exe/igspw_mt -mode=profile -no=0 -restartcount=0 pf=/usr

sidadm 19366 19365 0 Sep 21 ? 2:30 /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS18/exe/igsmux_mt -mode=profile -restartcount=0 pf=/usr/sap/

sidadm 19368 19365 0 Sep 21 ? 1:22 /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS18/exe/igspw_mt -mode=profile -no=1 -restartcount=0 pf=/usr

Regards,

S.Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention the OS.

My OS is Windows Server 2003.

How can, in this case, determine if the igs server is running? And how is this process called exactly?

Thanks again

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greetz Tobias

Please check with the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/69/a6d43ac66e1f08e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

S.Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick reply!

I'm trying to configure the IGS on NW2004s Java. it is a local installation and when I try to see if the IGS is installed via url http://localhost:40180/ or any other ports mentioned in other threads I get an error message.

I have the feeling that the igs is not even running. How can I check which processes are exactly running on my machine?

Thank you