cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS problem in upgraded landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

We now have an upgraded ECC 6.0 development and QA system in our landscape, and are needing to transport configuration and programming changes from the new development to the new QA.

We have set up the transport routes (with the SAP and ZDEV layers) and everything checks out OK. And the settings, tp parameters etc... seem to match the legacy 4.7 landscape.

Here is the situation...

When we Release a transport (from SE10), the file(s) are not being transferred automatically. Hard to explain, but when you go to STMS and double-click into the new QA queue and refresh, the transport appearts. But there is a little green zig-zag arrow icon on the left that says something like "Files still to be transferred".

If you click on this arrow, the message is XT278 Transport files for request &1 must still be transferred

Here is the message long text:

Diagnosis

The import queue contains requests whose transport files do not exist in the current transport directory of the system &V2.

Background: There are multiple transport groups configured in your transport domain. This means that not all systems access the same transport directory. The transport files must be replicated among the different directories. If you have configured a transport route between systems that are in different groups, a check is made when updating the import queue to see if there are any requests whose transport files still have to be copied.

System Response

You cannot import requests whose transport files have not yet been copied.

Procedure

To copy these transport files, choose Queue -> Adjust.

If you follow the menu Queue-->Adjust, something is triggered that transfers the files. It gives the screen to login to the new QA. And then we can do the little truck as usual. So we have a manual

workaround, but this normally was automatic in the old development system.

What did we do wrong or forget to do in the new DEV system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls. check the transport dir of DEV and QA, they must have same folder, otherwise you need to adjust the queue.

Regards,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This situation is coming for you as you might have configured your DEV and QAS as seperate transport groups in your transport domain. Because of seperate groups they have seperate transport directories and the files are thus not getting transferred automatically. And you are required to adjust the queue so as to replicate the files in to the transport directory of QAS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks - you have pointed us in the right direction. Somehow, in the new landscape, we got 2 transport groups created, one for the new DEV (ED0) and one for the new QA system (EQ0)

I changed the system EQ0 so that is now uses the same transport group as ED0.

Now, a subsequent problem has occurred. I forgot that some configuration transports were released into the Queue, but we did not do 'Queue->Adjust'. And then we changed the system configuration. So now we have some transports that are in the Queue, but when we try 'Queue->Adjust' a pop-up message says "No system found in another group for import queue EQ0".

Was this a big mistake? Should I somehow temporarily go back and create another dummy transport group, just so I can Adjust and move these transports to the EQ0 system. Then, freeze the releasing of transports by our team, and then fix the transport groups permanently?

Is there another way to get these transports to the EQ0 system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could create a transport of copies on DEV system for the requests that you are facing problems. Release the copy and import it to your QAS system.

Regards,

Konstantina

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up going back to the EQ0 entry (in STMS) and manually typing over the transport group back to EQ0, save and activate. Then, it let me queue adjust and tp them to EQ0, then I went back and fixed it back to the single ED0 transport group. Thanks all!

Answers (0)