Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Group-User-exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a user exit under the function group XAUF and the user exit is coded under zxaufu01. Now if I want the user-exit to act effect on my object , do I have to trasport only the particular user-exit zxaufu01 (code) or do ihave to transport the entire function group or something else for it to take effect in QAT . Because i just transported my coding there and it dosent seem to work in QAT , whereas its working perfectly in DEV . Kindly sugest , is it the problem of the transport or something else.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the enhancement for the user exit is active or not. In your case the enhancement is COOPA_01.

User exits will work only if it is active in the respective server.

If it is not, you need to create a project in CMOD transaction and activate it.

While transporting along with your code in the user exit, you need to transport the project (created in CMOD) also. You need not bother about the function group.

Regards,

Prasana.

12 REPLIES 12

former_member190578
Participant
0 Kudos

I can't believe, that this is a serious question.

Why do you thinking, that your "coding" works without the associated function group???

What did you with the transport for your function group?

Did you the same with your codings in the past???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

u simply transport the project that u created in cmod t.code

that is enough it will get effected there in production..

shan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the enhancement for the user exit is active or not. In your case the enhancement is COOPA_01.

User exits will work only if it is active in the respective server.

If it is not, you need to create a project in CMOD transaction and activate it.

While transporting along with your code in the user exit, you need to transport the project (created in CMOD) also. You need not bother about the function group.

Regards,

Prasana.

0 Kudos

I am sorry , but I havent created any project or so , I have just modified the existing coding . Under the function group XAUF , there is an include zxaufu01 which was there and I just made modifications to it and transported the same to QAT . Now it is acting fine in DEV but its not working in QAT. Thast why I asked if I have to transport anything else along with the zxaufu01. Kindly suggest.

As far as activation is considered , yes I did activate it and then transport it and hence its active there too in QAT , it shows active.

Thanks

0 Kudos

That is what my question was , if I should be transporting COOPA_01 or just zxaufu01. for the changes to take effect. Please advice , help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Aarav

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you add that enhancement to project in cmod ?

Rhea.

0 Kudos

So first of all I will have to create a new project and then assign the enhancement to this project and then move the project to for transport , this will cause it to work in QAT , right. But I still dont understand becasue its working well and good in DEV even with out all this then why dosent it work in QAT. I havent created anything in DEV but it still works in QAT.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Maybe in development server it is already linked to a project that is active. You can check the same in CMOD.

0 Kudos

Thats right , thanks for letting me know that , I just found it is linked to a project , so I just added it to that project and activated the project and moved the project to QAT , I will let you all know if it works in QAT .

Thanks

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone I was able to get the result in QAT now when I transported the Project .

I have another doubt related to this itself if some can be provided will be very useful.

This user-exit that I have created validates the internal order for particular two kinds of order types . This validation takes place through transaction KO02 and KO04. But in KO04 if I start with an order , I choose and oder theer and click o0n it then it shows up in dispaly mode , now if I want to change the external order number there , i click on the change button , at this point , if the external order number for that particualr ordr is emplty then it dosent goes in change mode and gives a message , enter the external order number , how can I enter the ex. order number column if its in display mode and it dosent change open for entry, so I have to go to tarnsaction ko02 and change it there and then only I can view or change it eher as per requirement, how do I make it open for entry even in KO04 if a particular order has exrernal order field empty.

Thanks

AArav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to add that exit to a project (don't for get to active the project) and transport that project.

Rhea.

Former Member
0 Kudos