cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug on Message Listener?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, there!

I've just found what seems to be an MII 12.0 bug.

I have tried to post 100 messages almost at the same time to the XMIIMESSAGELISTENER.

They were received and processed aparently sucessfully.

But when I try to access those messages contents I see that some of them were received "twice" and some were not received at all.

The message count is 100, as it should be.

Checking the XMII_JCOMESSAGES table I see that the messages that appear twice have the same received date.

I have already checked the client (which is a simple MII transaction doing HTTP Posts on a loop) and it is sending all the messages correctly.

It looks like an implementation bug, possibly due to multithreading issues inside MII.

Has anyone experienced something like that?

If it's really a bug, how can I report it to SAP?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

to get this right:

you are using the XMIIMESSAGELISTENER to get messages send from another transaction using HTTP Post? Or are you sending messages from SAP to MII?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michael.

I am using the XMIIMESSAGELISTENER to get messages sent from another transaction using HTTP Post. Exactly that.

But this client transaction is OK, I've already debugged it.

When I say I want to report it to SAP, I mean SAP the company, not SAP R3.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eduardo,

I'm afraid but I haven't tried the HTTP post right now, so maybe there really is a problem with that. Maybe you open a SAP Message about this?

Meanwhile, what is the reason for using the HTTP post for exchanging data between transactions? Is it not possible to call the transaction directly? Have you thought about using the Webservice Action to call the transaction?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Actually, I just wanted to test the message comunication mechanism.

We want to know if we can rely on it.

That's why I've used the listener.

Thanks!