cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsequent / re-activation of Cost of Sales Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently engaged at a new SAP customer (ECC6) that does not currently require COS Accounting to be activated /functional area functionality, but might require it at a later stage / subsequent to the initial go-live.

Based on the contents of SAP Note 740519, it appears that when COS Accounting is subsequently activated, the functional area cannot be repopulated for historic data when using ECC6.

QUESTION:

Should the customer decide to subsequently activate COS Accounting at the start of a new fiscal year (i.e. post go-live), all the P&L data will be populated with the functional area from the start of the new fiscal year. However, what about the carry forward balances for the Balance Sheet accounts? Is there a way to repopulate the "carried forward" balances in the Balance Sheet with a functional area, else the balance sheet will always contain incomplete functional area data for the carried forward balances.

Also, please advise if there is a program available to repopulate functional areas subsequently in the event of a subsequent activation of COS Accounting. If not, if the customer activate COS Accounting even though they don't require it at present, because it appears that you cannot change the functional area assignments once updated with transactional data?

As such, what is the recommended course of action:

1. Only activate COS Accounting when required, but resulting issues with updating historic data with functional area.... OR

2. Activate and configure pre go-live, but then cannot change functional area assignments once populated with transactional data.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Dolf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolf

I have exactly the same requirement now with respect to cost of sales accounting. My client went live a couple of months back and now wants to activate Cost of Sales Accouting. I have the same question of how to populate the existing historic data with the functional areas.

What did you do when you had this issue? Did you find out any way or work around to update the historic data with functional area? What approach did you take during your implementation?

Your response would be highly appreciated and rewarded.

Vamsi

0 Kudos

Dear Vamsi,

I am also facing similar problem. How did you resolve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Naman Shah