cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Fetch data between 2 dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Requirement : On the Bex selection screen a key date will be entered I need to fetch all those records which are in between start date & end date- Means

Start Date < = Key date=> End date

Start date & end date field exists in Cube, But the Key date does not exists. Key date will be a random date.

Can any one please help me how to achieve this?

Can this be done using virtual Chraracteristis? Not sure if the Virtual Char will be applicable for the date field.

I have tried doing it in the following way.

Create 2 formula KF populate it wilh a formula variable which is of processing type replacement path which takes value from start date & end date Charateristics IO.

I created a formula variable KEYDATE (user entry/ready for input) and created a condition

Start date ( KF) <= Key date

End date (KF)> = Key date

But this does not seem to work.

Can any pls help?

Thanks & Regards

Shree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have both dates (Characteristics) in the drill-down? if not, the replacement path won't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

Try creating a variable for the date infoobject with intervals option and use customer exit to calculate the starting and ending dates. And now create a new Key date variable, using the replacement path replace it with the first variable that you created. Try this options and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Hima