cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Upgrade from ESS 100 to ESS 600

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Our landscape is ECC 6.0 & EP 7.0 & NWDI 7.0.

We are implementing ESS. We used ESS BP 1.0. However for some reason we went ahead and used ESS 100 instead of ESS 600. We did some WebDynpro changes and checked in the changes to NWDI.

ESS 100 in NWDI is looking for EP 640 component and we have 1 broken DC reach in ESS 100 and PCUI_GP 100 SCs. so the central build in CBS is failing. Hence we can't move the changes in landscape through NWDI.

So we deployed the changed DCs manually through SDM.

Now we are thinking of creating a new track with ESS and PCUI_GP 600 in NWDI and redo all the changes in it. Is this the best approach ?

If we want to deploy ESS 600 on portal, is it going to overwrite ESS 100 ?

Can both the version reside together ?

Thanks

Shobhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For a pure ECC 600 environment you need to use SAP_ESS 600

I do not know if the XSS is overwritten however - this would depend on the SDM or upgrade tools used

as far as I am aware though SAP_ESS 100 can only be used in a J2EE 640 environment - you should not use this in EP7

at all irrespective of whether they can reside on the same Portal

I would make a customizing list of changes done to SAP_ESS 100, undeploy and put in SAP_ESS 600 instead

then apply the changes

You might want to see your BASIS J2EE guys know of any way to save your customizing and transport into the target XSS

- there is a way to do this between XSS SPs - see note 872892 - maybe it can be adapted between releases, however I am not aware of any official way to do this between XSS releases - I normally just recommend manually re-implementing customizing

Best wishes

Stuart

Answers (0)