cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date prompts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im new to crystal. I am trying to build a report that will ask for a date range. A begin date and an end date then include the data within that rang. Can anyone put me on the right track? a sample report maybe?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In order to create a report which contains a data parameter with a range, following are the steps for it.

This is in case you are using Crystal reports.

1. After opening the CR application add the table from the data source

2. Include some fields in the details section.

On the View menu, click Field Explorer.

The Field Explorer dialog box appears.

3 Right-click Parameter Fields and click New.

The Create New Parameter dialog box appears.

4 Enter a name for the parameter in the Name field (up to 255 alphanumeric characters).

This example uses a date field as you would like to have a date range parameter.

5 Select the appropriate Type from the list.

You can use Date Or DateTime as it is present in the database.

Note: When creating a parameter whose Type is either Date or DateTime, you can change the date format to suit your needs.

6 From the Value Field list, select date Field ex. Orders Date

7 Click Actions and select Append all database values to move all of the countries in the sample database to the Values area.

This example enables the user to choose from any of the order date field. If you want to limit the selection, manually enter only the countries that you would like the user to choose from.

8 In the Options area, enter the desired prompting text in the Prompt Text field (up to 255 alphanumeric characters).

9 This is the text that appears in the Enter prompt values dialog box when the report is refreshed. This example uses the default value.

10. Make the option u201CAllow Range valuesu201D as true as this will allow us to enter the start range and End range.

11 Click OK.

Insert the parameter in the report and now when you will refresh the report it will prompt for the data range values.

If you have any issue related to CR please post it to the Crystal Reports forums This forum is dedicated to topics related to Crystal Reports. It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

I hope this helps you and let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Im new to crystal

This is a WebI forum, are you trying to build a WebI report or a Crystal Report?

If a WebI report, then you can a prompt either at the universe level or at the report level. In any case you will need to use the "between" operaand...

If you are trying to build a Crystal Report, then please re-post your question in the Crystal forum.

Thanks,

John