cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How make the error message M8108 as warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Could any one please let me know if i can change the error message "M8 108, Check if the invoice is already posted under the document No:" to warning message. So that the end users can go ahead with the posting even when the warning message is shown.

When we post an invoice and reverse the invoice due to some reasons and again try to repost the invoice with same datails then the system is giving that message and we are unable to post the invoice. Then we have to add a character in the reference field so then the system is able to post the invoice.

I Have tried to change the error message to warning under the transaction code oba5 and sm31 (table v-t100c) but the system is not able to change and i am still getting the same error. Could anyone please let me know what needs to be done. Do i need to change the standard program with the help of ABAPer, if so what will be the impact.

Kind Regards

Leoni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming that you would have some other mechanism in place to avoid duplicate entry of invoices into SAP, here is the solution to your problem.

Execute T Code SM30, enter T100S in Table/View, click on 'Maintain', press enter on the Information window, click on Position button, enter M8 in Area field and 108 Message field, press Enter, add W next to IE in Allowed field and save. You will see a warning, just press Enter if you want to ignore the warning. You will then be able to make it a warning in table T100C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

The information which you have provided is very useful and i really appeciate your help.

I have done that changes to some other messages and they are working as per the changes but when i made the changes to application area M8 and Msg 108 i am still getting the message. What exactly i have done is in the "Allowed field" i have enter W and "Standard field" is W (Because there was I and even tested without removing the I in the standard filed). Apparently I am getting the same message. what i heard is M8 108 is standard message and it needs Abaper help to change th program, is that right?

could you also please let me know if this is the standard way because if it is then i will recommend the End users that they need to have this error message in order to avoid duplicate invoice entry as we dont have other mechanism to avoid duplicate entry.

Kind regards and thankyou very much

Leoni

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leoni,

If you go to OBA5, enter the message (M8 108) and set the Online and Batch fields as 'W', you will get what you require.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leoni,

In 'what exactly you have done', you wrote about changes to T100S, but did you change V_T100C after changing T100S? T100S controls what can be done in V_T100C and it is V_T100C that finally controls the message behavior. As for standards, SAP Note 39821 says the following.

AppArea - MsgN - Allowed - Standard - Switch off

M8 - 108 - IE - I -

What I am proposing is

In T100S

AppArea - MsgN - Allowed - Standard - Switch off

M8 - 108 - IEW - I -

and in T100C

Area M8

Msg - Online - BatchInput - Standard

108 - W - W or E - I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Very good info, I have same case but unfortunately when I went to OBA5 to change I found that for the message 108 in the drop list to select "W" to be warning, the W option is not available, I only have the ((I, E & - ))

May you kindly advise

Kind regards,

Ahmad Mahmud,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the customizing, for some of the modules, there are some transactions which allow us to change the type of the system messages, to warning, error, or no message at all. But they work only for some of the specific messages, not all of them! You should check the corresponding customizing menu and check if suits your needs..

Some examples:

OPJB for production messages

OBA5 for CO messages

OMT4 for material master messages

Otherwise, you have to find other work-arounds to meet the requirement to change the message type.

Regards,

Satish Muvva.