cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in G/L Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to change the G/L mapping for WT /402 from 666101 to 666220. I can see where I need to change it in - Assign financial accounts.

Now there are other tax WTs which have the same symbolic WT. But my question is if I do that is it going to affect the other WTs which also have the symbolic account as this one. And do i need to do anything else besides changing it financial accounts.

Thanks, Sana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes both old and new G/L accounts they are both going to balance sheet accounts.

When you say there will be no issues..no issues with what exactly? I still have to delimit /402 and create new symbolic account right.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in quality first and check with the docs once

Former Member
0 Kudos

/402 WT points to a FICA symbolic account. But at the same time /403, /404, /404 and /406 also point to this symbolic WT. Also this symbolic WT goes ONLY to financial account.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

tell me whether it goes to expenses account or balance sheet

if both are going to the same account than there will be no problem

once again check with the nature of the symbolic accounts if the GL account is same for both no issues

but check with synbolic account once they shd be of same kind

Edited by: Sikindar on Sep 26, 2008 9:36 AM

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sana

can u tell for which symbolic accounts that GL has been assined whether both of them goes in balance sheet or expenses account pls let me know check V_T52EK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

- I am guessing I would need to go to V_512W_D to do that. To when should i set the start date - to the beggining of the pay period?

- Once I create the symbolic account - is there any protocol on how I should create these and should FI be told once the new GL account is added?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should delimit first your WT and then create a new symbolic account linked to your WT.

Chris