cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I "Init without data transfer' using 7.0 transformations and DTP's?

rick_markowski
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a data-mart situation where I have a standard DSO object that sends deltas up to a standard cube. This data flow is created with 7.0 transformation and a delta type DTP and has been running fine.

I now have a new single activated request loaded to the DSO object but I DO NOT want this request to delta update to the cube. In 3.x, I used to go into the init infopackage, manually delete the initialization pointer, and run a 'Initialize Without Data Transfer' to make this work. Deltas could then continue as before.

I do not see a way to do this using 7.0 transformations and DTP's. I want to reset the init from DSO to cube so this request does not get updated. Does anyone have step by step ideas on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207028
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

delete the data in the cube by using oprtion selective deletion based on request number.

(if delta request is deleted from cube, with next load last delta records will also come)

in this scenario there is no need to delete initiaizations option.

in BI 7.0, initialization load is not there.

see below documentation on DTP in SAP help.

"On the Extraction tab page, specify the parameters:

a. Choose Extraction Mode.

You can choose Delta or Full mode.

In contrast to a delta transfer with an InfoPackage, an explicit initialization of the delta process is not necessary for the delta transfer with a DTP. When the data transfer process is executed in delta mode for the first time, all existing requests are retrieved from the source and the delta status is initialized. "

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/f98e07cc483255e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

Regards

Daya Sagar

rick_markowski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. I see how this could work, but it is not feasible for the situation I have. The reason I do not want to delta to the cube is for 2 reasons:

1. There are millions of rows in the ODS and cube and an unnecessary delta will cause timing problems in our process chains because of the time it will take to perform the delta.

2. The datastore request that I do not want to delta to the cube is because it was a self-update in which a new field was added to the datastore and then filled via a transformation to itself to simply fill in that new field, but that new field added to the datastore does not exist in the cube and thus would not change the data in the cube.

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delta DTP then in the third tab of a DTP Processing Mode = No Data transfer Delta status in source fetched

They could have made the language a bit easier I know!

rick_markowski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon! That is exactly the solution I was searching for!

Answers (0)