cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing the ES Bundle webservices into the Service Registry of PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We have an ECC 6.0 Enhancement Pack 3, PI 7.1, and CE 7.1 landscape and are having some trouble getting the Enterprise Web Services that come with EP3 to show up in the Service Registry that came with PI.

We are following the guide "CE, ESR, AND DISCOVERY SYSTEM BUILDING AN END-TO-END ENTERPRISE SOA SCENARIO", https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/108ef7ba-8abd-2a10-f787-d5f29c5f...

All of the references to CE we have been replacing with PI since we want to use the SR that came with PI instead of CE.

We can get all the way up to step 6 in section 3.3 where it tells us to use LPCONFIG to create a logical port pointing to the Service Registry. We we run this tcode we get a message telling us to go to SOAMANAGER. I found the following URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/cc8fd368c873dfe10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

That describes how to do this however when we go into the NWA we do not see a 'Call Parameters' tab.

Basically it looks like the process is as follows:

1) On ECC 6.0, use Sm59 to create a RFC connection.

2) On ECC 6.0, use WSPARAM to create a Enterprise Registry parameter

3) From PI, launch SOAMANAGER to create a logical port

4) ON ECC 6.0, use WSPUBLISH to select the webservices we want to show up in the Service Registry.

Does this sound like the correct method?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should add, this is the error message that we are getting:

SoapFaultCode:1 Cannot create implementation instance. Nested message:

An exception occurred while obtaining UDDI Logical Ports. Please, check

your c onfiguration settings (UDDI Endpoint or UDDI wsdl

file)[_DestinationService Impl7000] Application or service

service:tcesiesp~srv tried to access des tination UDDI_DESTINATION of

type WSDestinationTemplate which does not curr ently exist in the

destination service. You can create destinations in the NWA under

Configuration Management->Infrastructure->Destinations..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you Create logical port for SR in LPCONFIG ?

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we did create a LP in LP_CONFIG even though the system warned us to use SOAMANAGER instead.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Is this issue resolved for you?

Can you please let me know if you were able to resolve this issue?

We are facing similar kind of issue in our system.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorta. We were using SOAMANAGER to create endpoints and publish the webservices to the SR. That seems to be working for any of our new webservices, but when we tried to do it with the delivered Webservices we were getting strange errors.

The work around we are doing is to use WSADMIN and WSPUBLISH on the ECC system to do the publishing, even though they are old transactions. I dont think that SAP has all of the bugs worked out of SOAMANAGER just yet.