Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CrystalReportViewer AfterRender Event?

We just migrated our application from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2005.

Previously, we had a small dialog Show() with a timer (to show it's still processing) and a "Please want..." label.

Then we would open a form with a CrystalReportViewer control in the background. We had it disabled and minimixed.

Once Show() returned control, it would maximize the finished report and would bring the window to the front, closing the little "Please wait" window.

This allowed us to have a visible progress on report generation, especially those that ran for a minute or greater via our stored procedures.

Migrating to VS.NET 2005 broke this. Apparently as soon as CrystalReportViewer.ReportSource is set and we tell it to Show(), it will display the form before the report finishes, and return control immediately. This closes our waiting window instantly and leaves a big blank report sitting in front of the user for up to a minute.

Apparently, Crystal Reports 10 has no event that fires once a report has finished rendering. I found one available within CR11 and VS.NET 2008 titled AfterRender, but I don't even know if that will work.

So my question is--what could I possibly use to verify a report has been fully rendered/generated?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question