Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

CR Ver 11.5.8.826

Oracle 9i.

I created a new report with multiple Header and detail section and when I export it to PDF (Adobe Acrobat 7.0) one of the detail will show some lines that are not seen in the Crystal report. I changed the colours of all lines to determine which one was showing, but it didn't work (still showing the black line).

Is there anyway to find out how to find that line showing in the PDF and not in the CR.

Thanks,

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

To troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing when exporting a report to PDF format, I will suggest to:

1. Suppress all the details sections, and export the report.

Does the line still appear in the exported PDF document? If it does, suppress other section, if it doesn't, then unsuppress a couple of details sections, and export the report again, until you find which section is causing this issue.

2. If you find it is one specific section that prints this line, then create a new section, and move the objects from the section that cause a line to appear on the exported report in the new section, then delete the section. In this way, if it's an object that you cannot see visually that was causing the issue, then it will be deleted.

3, It is also possible that there is an object outside of the page that is being exported. You can zoom out and if you see an object outside the page in the design view, then delete the object.

Hope this help!

CR Ver 11.5.8.826

Oracle 9i.

I created a new report with multiple Header and detail section and when I export it to PDF (Adobe Acrobat 7.0) one of the detail will show some lines that are not seen in the Crystal report. I changed the colours of all lines to determine which one was showing, but it didn't work (still showing the black line).

Is there anyway to find out how to find that line showing in the PDF and not in the CR.

Thanks,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i experienced this in early versions of crystal where it is putting in a hyperlink in essence. how i fixed it was to place my field within a text box.

if that didnt work for everything i placed my field in a formula, then the formula within a text box. then the export didnt display the lines.

it may not be the same in this version but its worth a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works now by following Patrick Genest instructions by deleting and recreating the sections.

Thanks,

Ivan.

Edited by: Ivan Sepulveda on Sep 25, 2008 12:05 AM

Edited by: Ivan Sepulveda on Sep 25, 2008 12:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.