Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Xcelsius or Visual Composer

Should we use VC or xcelsius for creating Dashboards with SAP BI as source system. I do understand that xcelsius will be the product used for creating dashboards but what if I use VC. What functionality do I loose. Also I have some reports on Crystal.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Subu,

If SAP BI is going to be your source system, I strongly recommend that you use Visual Composer (VC) instead of Xcelsius for creating dashboards. VC comes with a BI integration kit to simplify the process.

Although Xcelsius is being positioned as the primary dashboarding tool, based on our experiences it currently has far too many bugs and performance issues for it to be considered a "production ready" or "enterprise" product. If you look at other posts in this forum you will see that other users have also experienced significant issues with Xcelsius.

VC appears to be a much more flexible tool and certainly more robust and reliable than Xcelsius. Its capabilities go beyond just dashboarding. Also, after developing your dashboard, if you find that certain actions need to be taken in SAP by users, then VC will allow you to more easily build this functionality into the dashboards because of its integration with SAP.

We are an SAP site and have built a prototype Executive Dashboard using Xcelsius. Due to all of the bugs and performance issues we have encountered, we have decided it is not worth investing any more time on developing dashboards with Xcelsius. Therefore, after receiving user feedback on our existing Xcelsius prototype design, we intend to rebuild our dashboard using VC.

So, to reiterate, if you are an SAP site, the choice between using Xcelsius vs. VC for dashboarding is most definitely VC, until such time that SAP/Business Objects overhauls Xcelsius to the extent that it becomes a true enterprise product.

Good luck with your project.

Regards,

Mustafa.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question