Did you mean: 

Error "Value of attribute Partner Name is not Valid"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

All laptops involved have the following

CRM 4.0 sp6

Same subscriptions

Can access the 3 service orders in question.

Can process other service orders that do not involve this business partner.

The problem.

I have 5 field service engineers that when they create a new confirmation for the service order, have the message "Value of attribute partner name is not valid" show up in the status line at the bottom for a short time and then it clears and brings them to the normal confirmation screen. Here they can add parts and labor but they cannot submitt these entries. In fact the submitt button is grayed out, I suspect due to the error.

I have 3 field service engineers, that have the same subscriptions as the 5 with the problem, that I have verified can create confirmations for the 3 service orders in question without getting the above error.

What I have tried.

So far I have re uploaded the BP data to the 5 laptops.

re generated the Metadata tables

re generated the Table scripts

My question.

Is there some other setting that controls the ability to add a confirmation? A way to set a SO to "read only" for a certain group of people? Or the reverse, a way to set a SO so only a certain group can edit it and everyone else who has a subscription that will allow them to see it cannot edit it?

Any advice or idea's would be helpful.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the answer was to upload a clean copy of the database, 4 hours later the user is working. I had SAP take a look at this but their examination was inconclusive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Service Orders replicated from CRM to Mobile are only editable if the current user is the main employee responsible maintained in the header partners. This functionality is more or less nonsense in case of multiple technician assignments but has been taken from the sales order coding.

But I guess your problem is different: Probably one of the partners of the service order is missing in the BP short table smokna1sht. This is contained in the customer hierarchy publication.

If it is really missing there maybe the notes 1118232 and 1024075 will help.

Regards,

Wolfhard