Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML header?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am generatig an xml file. I want to add FileID = "X123" before version="1.0" in the xml header.

For ex:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

to

<?xml FileID="X123" Version="1.0">

Any idea?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I work with SAP XML parser but it isn't possible

0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Do you mean 'Create_Parser' ?

0 Kudos

NO. SAP XML parser are the tools created by SAP to work with XML.

Parsing XML

All modern browsers have a build-in XML parser that can be used to read and manipulate XML.

The parser reads XML into memory and converts it into an XML DOM object that can be accessed with JavaScript.

You will learn more about the XML DOM in the next chapter of this tutorial.

There are some differences between Microsoft's XML parser and the parsers used in other browsers. The Microsoft parser supports loading of both XML files and XML strings (text), while other browsers use separate parsers. However, all parsers contain functions to traverse XML trees, access, insert, and delete nodes (elements) and their attributes.

In this tutorial we will show you how to create scripts that will work in both Internet Explorer and other browsers.

Note: When we talk about parsing XML, we often use the term "Nodes" about XML elements.

In package SIXML you have the tools and examples for work with XML in an efficient way.